Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Memories

Robert: There was this one time, at improv practice, when you proved yourself to be one of the funniest people I know. I think it was four square but I have a pretty bad memory so who knows. But you were playing a concession stand worker at a movie theater and for some reason, your ability to sensual pump liquid butter onto popcorn was just too much for me or any of us in the room to handle.

Nick: I think my favorite Nick Dietrich moment of all time was the one time you showed that you could stay true to your beliefs in any situation. I am referring to, of course, the time you let Hannah fall backwards onto a hard wood floor. When someone trust falls toward you, you don't just catch them regardless, you catch them if you have mutual trust with the person. At least that's the idea. However, most people would have caught this girl they barely knew anyway, but not you. You dropped that presumptuous slut.

Eliot: Junior prom. As Jake Davidson described it, we spent the entire time at Kurt's "frolicking around together". I recall shots in the exercise room chasing with Hi-C, drunk treadmills, drunk tumbling, miniature basketball, and weird myspace, girly pictures on the couch that were out of character for both of us. To this day that is one of the most fun times I have ever had drinking. Thanks for being ridiculous with me.

Brendan: This summer I was going through kind of a weird time and felt estranged from a lot of my friends. I remember I went to a party at Eliot's and felt like an outcast for the majority of the time but what made me feel the best was talking with you. You approached me energetically and we promptly jumped into a discussion about books, most notably our struggle to finish On The Road. It was a fun, interesting, and intellectual conversation, which is hard to achieve and it made my night tenfold better.

Conor: Can I say all of senior year? Is that cheating? The least I can do is give specific examples I guess. I will never understand why Mrs. Goldberg loved you, but if she hadn't we would have never gotten away with making that weird affafffaffaffaffafffa sound every class period for at least 10 minutes for about a week. Oh and remember that one time when I took the Pledge sheet away from you and the whole school found out you don't really have it memorized?

Brian: Ok so this is a weird one. But last year I was playing soccer at the FAR fields and it was freezing outside, and the worst part about it was that my lips were super chapped the entire time. It was seriously so painful. On a whim, I decided to call Brian while walking back and asked him if he had any carmex. He did in fact have carmex and also mentioned he hadn't had dinner. I came over to PAR, soothed my chappedness, and ate stir fry with Brian AKA the best food you could hope ti eat if you live in public dorms. A great afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I know the pledge of allegiance, I just don't respond to pressure very well.

    -Conor

    ReplyDelete