Monday, October 3, 2011

Nick - 'Zen' Is A Word That I'm Using Now

So I'm going to start a thing. Mood music, please:


Ignore that video, there, just listen. This past week I've gotten really into the word 'zen.' And I intend to start saying it all the fucking time. But it has a very specific use. You can't just be like, "dude, that new shirt is so zen," because shirts can't be zen. Zen is a state of mind.

According to dictionary.com, zen is, "A movement that emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means."

According to me, zen is whenever you're doing something so spiritual and chill that you can't possibly not be achieving enlightenment through it.

For example, all the time I put old Mountain Goats albums on shuffle for like an hour. Just an hour of listening to a dude with a guitar recording songs on his boombox. That's pretty zen.

This is easily the most zen picture ever.
Avatar: The Last Airbender is pretty zen. That show has all sorts of interaction between the spirit world and the physical world and stuff. Very zen.

One time I showed up really early to rehearsal and meditated and played guitar in a dark room until the rest of De Bono showed up. That was definitely one of my zenest moments.

I hope you all have learned something today. Go, spread my work.

-Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment