Saturday, September 10, 2011

Conor - Just Give Me A Second

What do you want? What else do you want?

I want to improve. I want to get better at one of the handful of things I really care about. I want to work at something and sense some kind of positive change as a direct result of my effort.

I want a piano in my room. It will probably go  where my bed currently is. My piano teacher told me I shouldn't put it against an outside wall. He probably knows what he's talking about, so, yeah, I'll go with that.

I want to get a chance to catch my breath. Things have been moving pretty quickly this year for me, and I wish I could spend a day in bed and let myself wrap my head around everything. This promised day might be tomorrow.

I want to finish watching the Wire. My friend Madison( whose name is misleading and it would be totally understandable if you thought he didn't have a penis based on his name alone, but alas) knocked out 3 episodes of Season 3 tonight. We'll see if we can keep it going at this rate. I hope so.

I want to get the finished recordings of Distraction, the new Band Practice EP. They should be in any day now. As soon as I have them I'll be that much happier.

I want to be healthy, self-motivated and an individual.

I want to write a song that I'm really, really proud of. A song that surprises me when it comes out. A song that I barely recognize as my own, a song I can be detached from. I want other people to like it, too.

I want to be an astronaut. Who plays baseball. Professionally.

I want to know another language very fluently. That would be super cool.

I want to get back that ability I previously had where I can get up early in the morning and do homework. I want to know where that ability has been for the past couple of weeks, and if it misses me as much as I miss it.

I want to see you. It's been a while!

I want people to take my apologies more sincerely. I may apologize too often, but I mean it. I'm being sincere.

I want to settle down and start a family with Lemonade. Lemonade, if you're reading this, I mean it, and you're delicious. I'm ready to stop wandering, I'm done with those other drinks. I'm ready for you and I.

I want to know how to dance and cook.

I want to be an expert on something. Anything, really.

I want to know all the words to every verse of Monster.

I want to spend a day with someone, and get to know as much about them as I can.

I want go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment