Saturday, June 4, 2011

Conor - Happy Birthday, Classic

Classic Brian is many things.

Classic Brian is a blog that is waaaay less funny than I originally intended, but as it turns out, it's really hard to write a funny blog post every week and it's also really hard to do that when you have so much to tell your friends who are suddenly so far away.

Classic Brian is sometimes a bother. That's why I went to bed last night at 3 AM when I got back home and set an alarm for 6:30 AM. Which explains why an alarm went off at 6:30 AM that really pissed me off and forced me into an unpleasant state of consciousness for around 10 seconds. Which explains why I woke up around 7:30 AM and went back to sleep before I could comprehend the feeling of guilt and responsibility that had managed to wake me up. Which explains why I'm up right now, laying in bed at 8:45 right now, red-eyed and ready.

Classic Brian was conceived sloppily backstage at a community theater in Springfield, IL. Days later it would be hastily birthed in the attic of Brian Malone's house by Brian, Eliot and I. Blood was everywhere.

Classic Brian, as it turns out, is an excellent way to stay in touch with your friends. Every week we have to make a statement and we have to present it to the folks back home.c Sometimes it's an update or a status report, sometimes it's a joke or a rant, and sometimes it's whatever the fuck Brian's post was last week.

Classic Brian makes it okay that Robert quit facebook, because hey, I still see him once a week, at the very least. I get to hear what he has to say, whether that be something worth my time, or a vivid description of squirrel rape.

Classic Brian is the metaphorical kid our group of friends is staying together for. It gives us something to bicker and complain about, which is good, because our relationship lost its spark years ago.

Classic Brian is read by a surprising amount of people, which is funny and surprising. We have 338 pageviews from Denmark (whaaaaaaaat?) and 80 from wherever Slovenia is. Now that I know we have such a sizable Slovenian audience, I will start pandering to that demographic.

Anybody else excited for that music festival Tuesday? It's being put on by the Students Club of the Municipality of Koper! Call ++386 5 663 42 20 for details, or visit this new helpful website

Classic Brian should be more interactive, somehow. We should encourage discussion and feedback. These new super obnoxious "HAHAHAHA" or ":-[" options underneath every post are a good start. Hopefully that reference will become dated very quickly. Vote ":-D" though.

Classic Brian is a site that could stand to be made prettier. uuhhhhhh yeah someone get on that. We should also take a picture soon. Also I'm just going to go ahead and declare this the beginning of Season 3. We should do half years as seasons, yes, no?

Classic Brian is a great thing, and something I'm thankful for, and it's a year old now. That's amazing. It feels like we've been doing it longer than that.

Happy Birthday, Classic Brian.

I wish I had photoshop skillz. I would've made a picture that like, shows all of the members of Classic Brian each doing a crazy thing and like across the top it would've said in bold print "Happy Birthday!"

That would've been the perfect ending to this post.


2 comments: