Thursday, June 9, 2011

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists; there's nothing to be afraid of."


by Brendan Cavanagh

Sorry, guys. I really should start planning/writing my blog posts before Thursday arrives and I realize I'm sans-topic. But it's not my fault you see.....'cause.....it's summer.  Yeah. So it's understandable if I kind of forget that I have to write something every Thursday. But then there are days like today where I work ALL DAY and don't really have time to write. This is the best I can do for this week. I promise I'll have something a little more substantial next week.  Hey, at least I post every week.

So after I took a shower after work tonight, I was waiting patiently for my mom to return home from the store with the necessary accoutrements, and while I was waiting I caught a few minutes of a show on the History channel, called Swamp People. It looks to me like it simply follows people who live in the bayou as they fulfill decades-long feud with the mythical Sasquatch, hunt for dinner (frogs) and do numerous other weird things. But there were two brothers I admired, by the name of Guist. They're living the dream, Dude. At one point they were hunting for frogs for dinner, and one brother went and chased a toad without a flashlight into the swamp! There was a commercial cliffhanger, and I thought he died. But I shouldn't have doubted his knowledge of the bayou, 'cause he made his way right back.

These brothers are a great amalgamation of Henry David Thoreau and Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski. This video adequately sums up their meager existence.



"All that shit fun, dude, even when you get lost, man."

No comments:

Post a Comment