Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What?? It's not Wednesday...

So one of the awesome things about going to U of I is the oppurtunity to see bands tht would never come to Springfield. between the Canopy Club and the Assembly Hall, my options are pretty good.

Tonight I will be seeing Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin with opener Santahhh at the Canopy Club. Awesome. The tickets were only ten dollars and I was literally able to buy them on the way to class.

The next show I'm going to try to attend is Passion Pit. Now I really only know two songs by Passion Pit (Moth's Wings and Sleepyhead), but it still seems like it's going to be one awesome body paint, drug filled party.

Other awesome upcoming shit:

-The Pygmalion Music Festival which includes Of Montreal, Built To Spill, Surfer Blood, Ted Leo & the Pharmacists and some other bands I don't really know.

-Broadway touring companies of Spring Awakening, Grease and a Chorus Line will also be making a stop at the Assembly Hall

So If nothing else is ever good about college at least I'll come out in four years a little more culutured.

~MADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment