Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ahhhh highschool- Mada

Remember high school? Barely probably. Well if you remember it at all you probably remember the yearly tradition of homecoming. Homecoming is a week long celebration that includes dressing up in stupid outfits, a football game and some sort of underage get together in the school commons. Kid stuff. Anyway, via the faceplace, I have been reminded of these traditions through a slew of excited statii and pictures posted on my newsfeed. Where am I going with this? Probably not where you think.

What all of these pictures and statuses have brought to my attention more than even the fond memories of my own homecoming is the fact that these piece of crap underclassmen I used to know are now these seniors and juniors of the school. For rulls. Remember those annoying uppity juniors from last year? Yeah the freaking run the place. What's even worse, those sophomores from your sports teams and clubs that used to look up to you and always seemed a bit out of place are now in a position of authority too. Not only are these facts hard to swallow, they are pretty much unacceptable. You know why? BECAUSE NO ONE CAN TOP DUB 10 GET THAT UNDERCLASSMEN SHIT OUT OF HERE.

Here are 6 reasons why they won't never be us.

1. One-One is a shitty cheer. I'm sorry but it is. Actually I'm not sorry. At all. It just sucks. Dub 10? kinda dumb, but awesome. It caught on, it flowed, it was easy to chant and people really got behind it.

2. Remember that time that your entire class bowed to the senior class on toga day during a pep assembly? Oh wait, that was us. WHAT HAS YOUR CLASS DONE THAT WAS COOL?

3. While we're on the subject, you've got about 8 months to come up with a senior prank that tops ours. It should include a stand against bullshit authority and The Man, include the majority of your class and create plenty of chaos. Good luck.

4. Your spirit section sucks. I know you think that you are holding your own just by sheer numbers but if you spirit section lacks luster than that shit ain't worth your time. And if SHG makes the kind of effort it did last year you better step your game up for city.

5. Who does your announcements? Does you answer include Mada Larson and Conor O'Brien? Nope. None of you will touch the eloquence, charisma and class with which Conor and I delivered the morning news every other day. Motherfuckers need to know.

6. Have you seen the seniors/juniors? Via facebook creeping I have seen that this was the slogan for both the juniors and seniors during powderpuff. Kind of funny if you ask me. Also pretty telling. Both classes just aren't that cool. I mean have you seen them. Our class was full of an awesome cast of characters, was as unified as any class I've seen pass through SHS and was generally pretty nice. And by nice I mean that we avoided the typical asshole upperclassmen shit and were pretty cool to any underclassmen who wanted to know/be us. Which was all of them.

High school was interesting time that was admittedly pretty damn but I'm happy to be in a new chapter in my life. One thing I will never forget though, is how hard my class did high school. Which was real hard. We went hard all day every day, we got money, went big and never went home. The people following us will try for years to achieve what we did but it just come down to the simple truth that they ain't ready. Peace out, Dub 10.

1 comment: