Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reading is hard >:(

So here's a list.

These are ten movies I think every person should see. I'm writing this intro before i actually write my list so we'll see how that goes...

(In no particular order)

1. Hook- This movie is all about the importance of maintaining your sense of childlike wonderment for as long as you live. In my opinion you can never be truly happy unless you can remember how beautiful and full of adventure the world was when you were 10.

2. Ferngully- A children's movie with a blatant political message, who could ask for anything more? Plus there's a sweet ass rap about being a bat done by Robin Williams.

3. War of the Buttons- This movie is about a ragtag group of kids in Ireland who form a sort of gang rivalry with the kids from the next town. There's nothing better than a ragtag group of kids. Especially with Irish accents.

4. Sandlot- Again with the ragtag group of kids. You guys know.

5. Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys- I found this movie randomly in the video store and decided to give it a try. It stars a young Emile Hirsch and Kieran Culkin and it's pretty weird. It's a dark coming of age story that makes you think.

6. Wet Hot American Summer- This movie makes no sense. It's also probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.

7. Wedding Crashers- I'm not sure what about Vince Vaughn makes me absolutely love whatever he's in but i have a comedy crush on him. Pairing him with Owen Wilson has resulted in my favorite comedy of the last few years.

8. Much Ado About Nothing- Shakespeare, but interesting. Even funny. Seriously, you should try it out.

9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- This is a really beautiful movie. I don't really like Jim Carey's comedy but I think he is extremely good in this backwards love story.

10. Second Hand Lions- Here is another coming of age story, something I seem to be really into judging by this list. It's hard to explain exactly why I love this movie but I just think it really achieves what it's going for.

11. Dead Poets Society- Honestly one of the best movies I've seen. Another Robin Williams appearance on my list but in a very different role. He is a teacher for a group of prep school boys and opens their eyes to the beauty of poetry.

12. Empire Records- This is a weird but awesome 90's teen movie that I would recommend to everyone. It is funny but not cheesy and has a good soundtrack.

13. Goodfellas- One of the few gangster movies I've seen but it's pretty damn awesome. And makes me want to join the mob.

Alright so that ended up being 13 movies, but I've enever been great at editing.

~Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment