Saturday, July 31, 2010

Conor - Misc.

Yesterday I went through something really significant. None of it directly affected me, but I had to see some really nice people go through something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I was with a friend of mine when her brother died in a car accident. I spent the night with her, observing as an important part of her life fell apart. I want to be able t o convey the night accurately, so I'm not going to be writing about that this week. I'm tired, and I want to just finish this so I can go to bed.

Instead I'll be writing a few short paragraphs on a few subjects I find interesting.

Lollapolloza- HELL YEEEEEAH.
I'M STAYING WITH MY BROTHER FOR 5 DAYS.
I'M SEEING A BUNCH OF BANDS LIKE THE ARCADE FIRE.
10 - 14 OF MY FRIENDS WILL BE UP AT MY BRO'S HOUSE WITH ME.
HELL YEEEEEEEAH.

Monster Energy Drinks- Monster is great. Monster is unnecessary. I drink Monster when I'm going to be staying up past 4 in the morning. I don't buy Monster to assist me in my goal. I sortof just buy it as a mission statement. The purchase of a monster is me saying "I'mma try to stay up, world. The ritual begins here." Monster drinks probably don't enable me to stay up any later. It's a mind thing. I recognize this, but still. The ritual lives on.


This song - The top one. The one by Tennis. I like it a lot! What a pleasant song! A lot of the song just sounds like a new variation on a classic tune. Something from Grease, or something. The line the keyboard is that kind of melody that you know the first time you hear it, in a nice and familiar way. The keyboard sound it's presented in sortof puts a new twist on it, puts it in a new context. The singers voice is put through some kind of distortion that disrupts the pretty, harmless feeling of her voice. It adds a little mystery. It's harder to make out the words, lending it a sortof light mystery. I really like this song. It's catchy, fun, and happy.

Buffalo Wild Wings- I've had a long, strong bond with BDUBS. It just has a great feel. That's something some restaurants nail effortlessly and some spend millions trying to achieve. BDUBS has it. BDUBS also has good wings. It'd be a little embarassing if the wings WEREN'T good. But no worries. THEY ARE. It has unfortunately come to my attention that BDUBS is home to one of the worst "amount of food" to "money" ratios ever. I'm almost embarassed that I only discovered this recently. I can no longer go there on days where there aren't special deals. Never again, BDUBS. Never again. OH ALSO. The trivia game they have has a horrible "time spent playing" and "time spent staring a screen that's promising you you will soon be playing" ratio. Man, fuck that place.


Doom- When I was little I called this game SHOOTGUN, because I was three. I hit the ctrl button, and the gun would shoot. I was three, and I enjoyed the blood and violence. I enjoyed the grunting sound the main character made whenever I made him hump the wall, searching for a secret room. There's a crazy, crazy sound these demons make whenever they see you, man. It's fucking terrifying. Every couple of months Mada and I have a 20 minute conversation about Doom. It's always the same conversation, and it's always awesome. I wish that conversation happened more often.

OKAY THAT'S ALL I GOT. I'm so tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment