Friday, July 9, 2010

Conor - Things I am going to bring with me to college

My name is Conor O'Brien and I will be writing things on Sundays. I'm approximately 6 feet tall.

Sometime in August I'm taking everything I consider necessary for my life and putting it in a small room in Norman, Oklahoma. This is fact. This is going to happen. So over the next couple of months I'm going to have to decide what I need. What I really, really need. I've made the decision to make bad decisions. Here are some of the things I'm really determined to bring with me, and why they beat out clothes and bedspread which I will find in Oklahoma.

My Giant T-Rex Plushie Toy-
First, a visual aid. I feel like that should silence most people who would originally question why this is coming with me. For those who you who somehow need more convincing, I must emphasize just how soft and cuddly this thing is. A competition sprung up when I brought T-Rex to Jazz Band last week, in which people would take turns trying to hold T-Rex and not smile. Few lasted more than a couple of seconds. I would also like to use this time to encourage everyone to join me in my movement to rescue T-Rex from Brian Malone, who is holding him hostage. I would hate him more if he weren't so damn classic.

Bop It Extreme-
In order to make this a reality, I need to buy Bop It Extreme, but that's not an "if", that's a "when." Bop It was always one of those games I would find at a friends house and spend 30 minutes playing non-stop. I don't think it will ever get old, honestly. I feel like every time I see Bop It I will pick it up and spend 30 minutes playing it. Hell yeah. Heeeell yeah. Bop It Extreme is just tons cooler than regular Bop It. Why would I bother with a machine with only three features when I know that, for another 20 dollars or so, I could also be Spinning It and Flicking It? Sorry, regular Bop It. Be less shitty next time.

My bike, Rocinante-
A friend's (how do I refer to Mada? Do I say "Mada Larson?" Do I say "Mada?" What's the protocol heeeeeere) dad gave me and old bike of his after he saw my bike. He felt so bad he just up and gave me another bike for free. Okay, sweet. It's coming with me to college because I so badly want to be that kid who's like "ohlookatmeI'macollegekidwithabackpackandanold(er)bikelookguyslook." That's gonna be me. I'll also be wearing a graphic tee. The cool kind.

A Radiohead poster and a Flight Of The Conchords poster -
Rather than having people at OU actually get to know me, I'll provide them with posters, so they can make the broad generalizations I want them to.

Annoying, unreasonable quirks I'll claim to have -
Oklahomans will never know that I don't actually have an incredible fear of breakfast cereal, because they won't actually know that my uncle wasn't actually killed at an actual cereal factory, and even if they do, I will still refuse to come out from under the covers until my roommate puts that Cinnamon Toast Crunch away.

That's all for now. I encourage you all to prioritize. Consider what really matters.

-Conor



Okay woah there are some details in here that make it obvious that I wrote this towards the beginning of Classic Brian, but there's something weeeeeird going on with this post. So I won't edit it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment